Even with the best mitigation system installed, DDoS attacks still manage to cause damage.
DDoS Mitigation and Causes of Downtime
There are thousands of potential DDoS vulnerabilities that can be exploited in any IT infrastructure. Collectively these vulnerabilities are referred to as “DDoS mitigation gaps”.
Enterprises have the challenging task of protecting their online presence from sudden,
malicious, and sophisticated DDoS attacks. However, production environments are
continuously changing and the DDoS mitigation gap expands based on the following factors:
- Adding/removing services
- Updating DDoS mitigation policies
- New and improved DDoS attack vectors
DDoS Mitigation Postures
DDoS mitigation services include :
- Scrubbing Center (BGP)
- Content Delivery Network (CDN)
- Vendor Appliances (CPE Equipment)
- Intrusion Detection System/Intrusion Prevention System (IPS)
- Web Application Firewall (WAF)
Effective DDoS Mitigation - An Expensive Myth
DDoS mitigation technology only works if its perfectly configured to the underlying network its protecting.
Often on-going changes in your networks impact the DDoS mitigation configurations adversely and open DDoS vulnerabilities through which DDoS attacks can penetrate. As DDoS mitigation service providers don’t continuously re-configure and fine-tune their DDoS mitigation policies DDoS protection becomes limited.
RADAR™ Risk-Based DDoS Approach
- Detect – all DDoS vulnerabilities in a company’s DDoS mitigation posture.
- Generate Real-time Reports of All Open Vulnerabilities – through on going DDoS simulations on your live environment ( with no downtime).
- Alert on Critical DDoS Vulnerabilities – reports highlight the most important DDoS vulnerabilities in your DDoS mitigation service provider’s apparatus and architecture.
- Consult – the DDoS mitigation service provider to remediate identified vulnerabilities.
- Revalidate – the remediations to ensure that all vulnerabilities are closed and remain closed on an ongoing basis.
RADAR™ works with any DDoS Mitigation to provide end-to-end full DDoS protection
DDoS Mitigation When Deployed
One-time configuration of DDoS Mitigation as per the given network at the time of mitigation deployment.
DDoS Mitigation, once configured, is not revisited every time the network is changed.
1. At the time when mitigation is configured with the existing underlying network, DDoS Mitigation works well initially.
2. The two components of DDoS Mitigation have one-way communication.
Existing DDoS Mitigation Vulnerable by design and eventually breaks
No feedback loop mechanism to configure existing DDoS mitigation to changing network environments.
Due to the incessant need to meet global market demands, network environments change continuously. However, DDoS Mitigation, once configured, isn’t designed to automatically adapt to network changes resulting in misconfigurations. Existing DDoS mitigation leaves most networks a 48% DDoS vulnerability gap.
DDoS Mitigation Powered by RADAR™’s Proactive Feedback Module
RADAR™ powered Next Gen mitigation maintains DDoS Risk at under 2%
The RADAR™’s Proactive Feedback Module transforms all existing DDoS mitigation solutions by completing the feedback loop.
1. Provides continuous 24/7 visibility on DDoS vulnerabilities.
2. Powers on-demand assessment of DDoS mitigation configuration changes.
3. Provides real-time identification of misconfigurations due to changes in network.